Hello Calvary Members and Friends,
Following last Sunday’s Town Hall meeting, the Mission Study Team would like to reach out to the congregation and encourage continued input. We invite your responses to the following questions:
- What biblical images come to mind that tell the story of Calvary?
- What things have happened where you witnessed growth at Calvary?
- Where have you witnessed a new sense of energy, of coming together purposefully?
- Programs, ministries and people you are proud of.
- What areas should we further strengthen, or what new strengths would you like to see Calvary build over the next 5 years?
- What are the major events in the history of Calvary that have affected the church today?
- What have been the most difficult “inside” issues facing the congregation over the past 5 and 10 years; and what have been the effects on the congregation?
- What have been the most difficult “social and cultural” issues facing the congregation over the past 5 and 10 years and what have been the effects on the congregation?
- What are your reactions to the updated “Mission, Vision and Values Statement” (updated by Session 2018)? Click here for Calvary Mission Vision Values
Responses can be submitted in the following ways:
- On Sundays, September 16, 23, and 30, there will be a table during Coffee Hour with Mission Study Team members present to hear questions and responses
- Email responses can be submitted to Lois Dress: MissionStudy@calpres.org
- Snail mail to: Attention: Jack Poindexter, Calvary Presbyterian Church, 2515 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
Calvary’s Mission Study Team:
Erin Dress, Lois Dress, Anne Grawemeyer, Amy Hockman, Dave McDowell, Jennifer Miller, Travis Pearson, Jack Poindexter, Marion Stanton; and staff, Cal Chinn, David Foster, Robin Morjikian, and Charlene Thai