Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Current Open Positions
Part-Time Building Supervisor
In this part-time position of 20-30 hours per week, you will be asked to handle a wide variety of building administrative and maintenance tasks. You will be trained as a supervisor of the facility and a coordinating resource for the facility, including opening and closing the building. Some of time (10-15 hours per week), depending on your skills and experience, we will ask you to assist with some room set-up, take-down and cleaning duties, some minor maintenance and repair tasks, and general property upkeep. In addition, you will be asked to work at the Front Desk (8-12 hours per week) and will be the first person that guests and church members see to ask for information or assistance.
This is a regular, scheduled, part-time position totaling 20-30 hours. The hours can be negotiated to be full or part days, working some combination of days from Tuesday-Saturday.
We offer a kindly, but busy work environment in a convenient, bus accessible location, some benefits and an hourly rate of $20.00 per hour. Within reason, the hours are somewhat negotiable, so please advise in your cover letter if you have certain days of the week or hours of the day during which you cannot work. There is the potential for this position and compensation to expand over time. If you wish this position to be full-time, that is possible after a year or two of successful performance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general physical tasks (such as moving tables and chairs) and cleaning work areas, and assisting guests with some basic knowledge of on-site audio visual (A/V) equipment
- Answers telephones, directs callers, or takes messages; Provides callers or visitors with general information about events or church calendar
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to building exterior, interior, and equipment (e.g., changing light bulbs, filters, batteries, minor handyman tasks)
- Friendly, welcoming personality used to greet and direct visitors and church members
- Responsible for building oversight, including closing and setting alarm system
- Responsible for accessing emergency services or manager, if needed
- Assists and performs functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of signage, furniture, cabinets, shelving, appliances, equipment, locks, etc., and a variety of other structures and items
- Assist other departments or special projects as the needs arise, including clerical or administrative tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Some related experience in facility and office operations
- Competent in Microsoft Word & Outlook, other useful computer or A/V experience welcomed
- Some related skills and experience with basic repair tools
- Can multi-task, has strong customer service skills, and enjoys managing a variety of responsibilities
- Ability to work with a range of visitors and personalities, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to lift, carry, and move 25 pounds on your own
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are a church with limited resources, so we will only reply to email addresses in your cover letter if we would like to have a follow-up conversation with you or if we have decided not to follow-up. If you have not heard from us, it likely means we have not made a decision yet – sometimes churches move slowly. We look forward to meeting you!
Part-Time Childcare Team Member
Part-time position, Rate per hour: $15.50. 4 hours per week on Sundays (Sunday Studio – ages birth to 9 years) from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and/or 3 hours per week on Wednesdays (Calvary Playgroup – ages birth to 3 years) from 9 am – 12 pm and/or Childcare provided for Calvary events and worship services (as available).
- Enjoys working with children birth to 9 years old.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to learn and take direction from supervisory staff
- Take initiative to generate ideas to contribute to the curriculum: crafts, games, stories
- Fluent in English
- Keeping confidentiality when parents or childcare team express personal concerns or when handling check in/out personal information from the database
- Agree to comply with all Calvary Presbyterian Church policies regarding employment questionnaires, references, and background checks
- Work with childcare team of 10 plus people
- Attend brief morning and afternoon team meetings with director/supervisor during each scheduled work period
- Understand and help greeters with the check in/check out process
- Stay updated on the weekly Sunday Studio plan
- Set up and clean up
- Tdap immunization and updated immunizations (within the last 5 years) to prevent spread to or contracting Pertussis/Whooping Cough from infants
- Cleared TB test (tuberculin skin test)
- Current (Infant/Child and/or Adult (if working with youth) CPR, AED and First Aid certification is desirable
If interested, please contact Alison Faison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-346-3832.
Calvary Presbyterian Church an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.